Monday, October 20, 2008

Friends Forever


Thirty-four years ago I was a kindergartner with the most wonderful teacher in the world (aren’t all kindergarten teachers?), Miss Harps. That year I also made many new friends, some of whom I continued with all the way through our senior year of high school. We weren’t always close, but we always retained that tie of having been in Miss Harps’ class. Last year I attended my twentieth high school reunion and sure enough, those of us who had been in Miss Harps’ class found each other. Even though we hadn’t seen each other in twenty years, I was amazed that what bound us together was not the fact that we graduated together, but that we knew each other in kindergarten.

1 comment:

annette said...

So funny that the kindergarten tie is the stronger tie.

It would be fun to scan in a photo from kindergarten with these same people circled.