Monday, April 13, 2009

The Extraordinary in the Ordinary


It is so easy to judge people by looking at them. In part, the way we dress ourselves, groom ourselves and carry ourselves communicates a lot of information. But inevitably some information is left out. There are extraoridanary people all around us, and we often don't even suspect. This video from "Britain's Got Talent" is as good an illustration as any I've seen. Unfortunately embedding was disabled on YouTube, so you'll have to click on this link to see it. Next time you see someone, whether you know them well or have never met them before, you might wonder what extraordinary talent or skill makes them, well, extraordinary.

4 comments:

Gerb said...

This was incredible. Maybe it was because she nailed one of my favorite songs... maybe it was because everyone holds out hope for the 'underdog' (so to speak). Either way, amazing.

Have you heard of Paul Potts? His story with Britain's Got Talent is similar. They weren't expecting much but he sure surprised everyone!

Panama Jones said...

Yes, Paul Potts was very similar. I thought about including his first performance but figured it was already fairly well known. This amazing woman just performed in the last couple of days.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Annette said...

Amazing! I loved watching the reaction of the crowd and her standing ovation. I was as touched by that as I was her song.

Farscaper said...

I always seem to be behind the rest of the world in receiving news. I only recently discovered this woman's amazing talent. I love her cute qwerky personality too.